DATING COACH ASSOCIATE SOUGHT
Bay Area Dating Coach is seeking a trained drama therapist for the position of Dating Coach Associate.
We're a growing business that serves singles in & beyond the Bay Area. We are currently seeking a drama therapist with a Master's in Counseling Psychology to provide dating skills coaching to singles.
- MA in Counseling Psychology or equivalent degree
- Extensive training in drama therapy
- Experience with and passion for both individual and group work
- A strong interest in providing social/dating skills training via drama therapy
- Able to manage a caseload of at least 5 clients and 1 monthly/weekly workshop/group
- Available to work 3-5 hours on a weekday evening and/or weekend day, any time
- Diversity training and an ongoing commitment to provide culturally competent care
- Experience supporting adults struggling with:
- (social) anxiety disorder(s)
- dating issues
- social/dating skill deficiencies
- disordered or insecure attachment
- relational issues
- autism spectrum disorders
- Experience offering:
- (dating) coaching
- solution-focused counseling
- experiential workshops
- field coaching
- Comfort addressing erotic & eroticized (counter)transference
- High self-awareness & -efficacy (not perfection!) in regards to dating/relationships
Associates at Bay Area Dating Coach hold a caseload of at least 5 individual clients and run a 2-3 hour group or workshop at least once monthly. The associate that holds this particular position is required to facilitate monthly Dating Skills groups, either via 4-week, 2-hour sessions or a once monthly 2-day intensive. Training for dating skills group and individual work will be provided.
This is an ideal position for a drama therapist who is currently employed and looking to supplement their income in a private-practice-like setting without the hassle of business management. The administrators and managers at Bay Area Dating Coach take care of marketing, initial intake, room rentals, scheduling, billing, insurance, etc., leaving you to focus on your clinical work. No health insurance or retirement benefits provided.
Please note that this position does NOT provide clinical training or hours applicable to MFT or other licensure. It's an ideal position for an anti- or pre-license(d) graduate interested in coaching and seeking part-time supplemental income while pursuing an internship elsewhere. Internship opportunities for clinical work at our center are in development and can be discussed during the interview process.
Drama therapy, as you can imagine, proves especially powerful for singles. We use a wide variety of drama therapy approaches, including the Integrative 5-Phase Model, DvT, psychodrama, and playback to help clients develop vital dating skills and self-awareness. You are welcome and encouraged to use drama therapy in your practice, and we encourage the development of new approaches based on a clinican's unique style. You will receive supervision and peer consultation from experienced coaches, all of whom are drama therapists. We value and enjoy mentoring our employees into their highest professional potential.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume, a list of references, and an introductory video to email@example.com.
Video Directions: At Bay Area Dating Coach, our core values are LOVE, INTEGRITY & OOMPH. Take a simple video (read: no need to get fancy!) giving specific examples from your clinical life wherein you expressed each of these values.
We look forward to meeting you!
Bay Area Dating Coach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All who fit the requirements are encourage to apply, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, and a person's gender), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or military and veteran status of any person. Please note that submitting an application does not guarantee employment nor serve as an employment contract.